SCAN is a not-for-profit Medicare Advantage plan committed to keeping seniors healthy and independent. As anyone who’s ever shopped for health insurance knows, benefits and provider networks tend to be strikingly similar from health plan to health plan. SCAN needed to differentiate itself from its many competitors and wanted to highlight its roots as a community organization founded by seniors for seniors.
With no in-house PR team, SCAN turned to Kevin/Ross to help build brand awareness; position the organization as a leader in geriatric healthcare; and provide strategic counsel and ongoing PR support for program launches, new market expansions and more.
- Build relationships with local media to complement our existing relationships with healthcare trade and business reporters.
- Pitch and coordinate speaking opportunities to showcase the expertise of SCAN’s executives.
- Develop an employee communications program to keep the best brand ambassadors in the loop.
- Establish an online presence on several social media platforms.
- Maximize publicity opportunities for SCAN to increase awareness and recognition.
- SCAN has been covered by local media, the Long Beach Press-Telegram and the Long Beach Business Journal, dozens of times, including a front-page feature story and a business profile on SCAN and its CEO.
- Garnered coverage on various topics by all major healthcare trades, including Becker’s Hospital Review, California Broker, HealthLeaders, Hospital & Health Networks, and many more.
- Helped raise awareness in each of SCAN’s markets by successfully landing articles in major daily newspapers, in addition to stories in well-read smaller community newspapers.
- Provided successful PR support for 12 new market expansions, which saw the organization triple its membership base.
- Successfully nominated SCAN’s chief financial officer for “CFO of the Year” honors by the Los Angeles Business Journal. SCAN was also named a finalist for the LABJ’s Healthcare Leadership Award for two consecutive years.
- Supported SCAN’s government affairs team by writing and placing commentaries and letters to the editor in major newspapers across the country.
- Launched an employee newsletter as well as special bulletins to ensure that employees receive important company announcements in a timely fashion.
- Launched Facebook, Twitter and YouTube accounts for SCAN and continually grew followers and engagement.