OneLegacy is the largest organ, eye and tissue recovery organization in the world. The nonprofit organization serves more than 200 hospitals, 11 transplant centers and a diverse population of nearly 20 million in Southern California. Among its major events is the sponsoring of the Donate Life float in the Tournament of Roses Parade each January as part of a national effort to deliver the simple message that the kind and generous act of becoming a donor helps save and heal lives. Kevin/Ross was asked to help promote the float and its message both locally and nationally while also providing the more than 50 co-sponsoring organizations around the country tools and strategies they need to promote their participation within their local markets.
- Develop all press materials related to the float’s theme, riders and message of hope.
- Create press templates and strategies for all co-sponsoring organizations to use as part of their local efforts.
- Pitch national and local media to visit the float’s final preparations during the days immediately leading up to the parade.
- Coordinate interviews with OneLegacy executives and float riders.
- Manage the press on parade day.
- Landed hundreds of feature stories in newspapers around the country.
- Secured extensive television coverage including a major segment on “CBS Morning News.”
- Garnered widespread media exposure in the local home markets of float riders.
- Continued to garner coverage after the parade including a byline article by OneLegacy’s CEO in a major trade publication.